Monday, December 1, 2014

Merry Christmas! He is the Gift!


Christmas Lights
Hope everyone had a tremendous Thanksgiving and had time to reflect on the many blessings our Heavenly Father  bestows upon each and everyone of us daily. I love the Holiday season and I am so grateful we are now in the blessed month of December! If you haven't already heard the church has come out with a new incredible video. If you remember around the Easter season there was a video that the church put out called "Because of Him." For this Christmas season the church has taken a bold stance and has created such a beautiful video called "He is the Gift." I have seen the video three times and every time I watch it, the spirit touches my heart and I get the chills. I would highly recommend that you go and watch it. There are three parts to the video, the first is to discover. Discover the video, discover how the spirit speaks to you, discover the true meaning of Christmas. The second step is to embrace what Christmas is all about. Strive to become a little bit more like Jesus Christ, emulate His character, and follow His example. The final step is to share. Share what brings you the most joy! What brings me true and eternal joy is the gospel. Joy comes through knowing I have a Father in Heaven and Savior who love me. When you discover the joy and the love you have for your Savior and His atonement you will want to share that with others. I testify that our Savior is the gift, He is the best gift. He is the way, the truth, and the light. I am forever grateful for Him.
Live Nativity Scene





We had a neat miracle this last week. We went over to have dinner with a part-member family. The mother is a member, the father is not. He has had lots of contact with missionaries and had pushed away from missionaries in the past. After we finished eating my companion and I had discussed prior that we would share the message of the restoration. We began by going over the point that God is our loving Heavenly Father and because He is our loving Heavenly Father He has given us Families, scriptures, and prophets to help us grow on our mortal journey. When we had reached the point where we were to recite the first vision the spirit was incredibly strong. The Father who had looked straight down the entire lesson looked up and made direct contact as I emotionally recited in Joseph Smith's own words an account of what he saw that day after He prayed. I know he felt something. I know the spirit has the power to touch the heart of anyone. I am grateful for the knowledge we have that Christ's church has been restored. I am grateful to have the Priesthood back on the earth in full force, as well as a prophet who is an incredible mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father. The message of the restoration can touch the hearts of many. What a divine gift we have to share what we know, and help others to come to that knowledge.





Baking pies with Michelle

We survived 4 rather large thanksgiving dinners. I loved having a thanksgiving as a missionary. I missed my family and friends, but I was grateful to spend that day with those that have become my family here in the great Ohio. My companion and I ran in the Turkey trot which was a blast. It snowed the whole race and our hair turned into icicles by the end. My time wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad for not having any training! Ohio State beat Michigan. Everyone here was pretty pumped up for the game. Lets just say we didn't go knocking any doors during that time. 
The Turkey Trot




I love being a missionary. I love this work. Everything of worth in this life is going to take work on our part. I love all of you!!

If you want to send me your Christmas cards you can send them to
Sister Lauren Mathis
19 Clairedan Dr.
Powell, OH
43065

If you want a Christmas card from me email me your address!!

Here is a link to the video

#Heisthegift
#embracethespiritoftheseason

No comments: