Monday, February 9, 2015

Have miracles ceased?? I say unto you NAY!!!

Happy Valentine's Day


What a tremendous, busy, emotional, stressful, exciting and beautiful week it has been. I love working for the Lord! First things first! Ellen is getting baptized! She had her interview last night and is all set for this Saturday!!! What an incredible Valentine's day it will be! After talking to her after her interview she explained what a neat spiritual growing experience it was for her as she opened up and testified to the missionary who conducted the interview. What a beautiful journey it has been. Her growth has been incredible. When we met her, we knew how inspired meeting her was, but I didn't fully comprehend how quick her progress would be.  A couple months ago when we met her, she came up to us and one of the first things she expressed to us was her desire to be baptized. We knew at that moment that she had been specifically prepared by the tender hand of the Lord. This last week we were having a lesson with her and she bore her testimony to us. The spirit she brought was incredible. Her testimony was pure and simple, but it was complete truth. She explained how she had gone from not praying, to feeling guilty if she goes a day without praying. She talked about her belief in the Book Of Mormon which was amazing. Little background on Ellen. She is a very strong believer of the Bible. She studies it intensely, but it was difficult at first to get her into the Book Of Mormon. We assigned her Alma 32, she read it and she felt it was written for her. The spirit testified and spoke to her as she studied it and from then she was hooked. From that point on, she didn't want to put the Book Of Mormon down. She has read so much of the Book of Mormon, and is what I call a golden investigator. She always does her reading and her testimony has grown so much because of the work she has put into learning.  Faith=action. And speaking of action this amazing lady has sacrificed so much. She has given up smoking and also her coffee! She has completely turned her life to the Lord, and I know the our Heavenly Father has carried her through. I feel so blessed to have worked with this precious daughter of our Heavenly Father. In all reality she was the one teaching me and reminding me of important truths. We carried on one of my family traditions with her and read the book "Oh the Places You'll Go" with her. This woman, my friends, is going to go far. She wants to share this joy she has found and she is looking forward to the day when she can come out teaching with us and share her testimony with those who are searching. I just love her!! It is going to be an incredible week!

Here's the funny story of the week. Sister Chadburn and I decided to go to lunch one day. We picked a yummy restaurant to go to. Well awkwardly our waiter was totally hitting on us, and especially as a missionary you just don't know how to handle that kind of situation. Well at the end of our meal, he slipped me his number. I froze. Stone cold faced. I was THAT awkward missionary....We will definitely be turning him over to the Elders to take care of. Moral of the story, boys have cooties, missionaries are awkward.

To end on a spiritual note, I have recently started reading the Book Of Mormon again. This time I have been highlighting every name I come across in reference to the Savior and any personal pronouns referring to Him. It has opened my eyes up dramatically to literally see how He fills every page. The Book Of Mormon truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. I believe it whole heartedly. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and a very Happy Valentine's Day. Remember, "We love Him, because he first loved us."
It's ca-ca-ca-ca-cold outside!

 I testify of our Savior's deep and abiding love. It is penetrating, and real. May we show an increase love for Him this week and always. I love you guys!

Love Sister Mathis

No comments: