Monday, March 24, 2014

March 17, 2014


And on the commencement of the third week Jesus said, Let there be people to teach. And there was!
 
This week has been one of the best weeks ever! I apologize for other emails when I was down. I have struggled. I have seen lack of progression. I have felt weak and inadequate. For those of you who are thinking of going on a mission or are preparing to go on a mission, let me tell you it will be hard. It will be different. Keep pushing through those first couple of weeks. It will get easier. I'm still a rookie, I am in no way experienced yet, but that is what I have already learned. We are taught in the scriptures that we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith.  My faith was tested to the point where I was even questioning what I believe in, but through these difficulties, my faith was strengthened incredibly. You need the hard moments more then you need the easy moments in life.
 
This week blessings have poured out among us. We have witnessed many tender mercies. We as a companionship have felt the prayers of many and have witnessed answers to those prayers. Last Sunday when I was emailing we pretty much had 0 investigators. We didn't have anyone to teach. The only lesson I really had taught was when I went on exchanges. We now have 6 people, 6 children of God each with their own unique story to help bring into the fold!
 




...Elder James E. Faust said, "Hope is trust in God's promises, faith that if we act now the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future." Hope is action. I can testify this principle is true. I am grateful to be here. When I first got to this area I was thinking to myself man I hope they transfer me out. Now with transfers coming up in two weeks I am praying I get to stay here and work with those people that the Lord has led us to. This work is great, it truly is. I love you guys so much. And always look forward to hearing from you. Take care, and have an amazing week! Fun fact of the week- We have a lady named Sister Frye in our ward and her Sister delievered Lebrons baby! Yes that's right THE LEBRON JAMES'S BABY! Another fun fact we have Jolley's in our ward and they are amazing! They are my grandparents away from home.
 
Love Sister Mathis

No comments: