Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter

This is The Testimony Last Of All Which We Give Of Him...That He Lives.

With Easter approaching and while being a missionary, I have had a lot of time to reflect on the Savior Jesus Christ. I just want to share with you my testimony of Him.
 
I am so grateful our Savior Jesus Christ lived and lives today. I am grateful for the perfect example He set. I admire His obedience to the Father. In the premortal existence He said to the Father, "Here I am, send me." He willingly came to earth knowing what He would have to accomplish. He went about healing the sick, raising the dead, and causing the blind to see. He blessed the children one by one. He prayed for them, He taught them how to find happiness and purpose in their lives. He sought out "the one" who was lost or suffering. He completed the atonement. He suffered in the garden of Gesthemene taking upon Himself, my pain, my sorrow, my hardships, my struggles, my sicknesses, and I know He did the same for you. He bled from every pore. No mortal man would be able to carry out that ultimate sacrifice of love. When He was on the cross, He was being a missionary teaching wicked men about the gospel. Up until the very last moment of His life, He didn't once think about Himself. He prayed for those who were so despitefully cruel to Him. He turned outward when most of us turn inward. On the cross he cried out to the Father saying, "Abba Abba" which could be interpreted as daddy, daddy. One cannot imagine the pain Heavenly Father must have felt in that moment that Jesus Christ was so utterly alone. It took sacrifice on both sides. I know Jesus Christ lives, what joy this sentence gives. I know that because He lives, I too can live. I know God loved us so much He was able to send down His own Son. I love my Savior. He does not make up the difference. He is the difference. It is because of Him I can experience true joy. May we all remember Him this Easter season and always.
 
Have a wonderful Easter. Thank for all you do to uplift me. I love you guys!
 
 

No comments: