Monday, April 7, 2014

The Book of Mormon is Living Water



Recently I had the opportunity of finishing the Book of Mormon, which for those of you who don't know is another Testament of Jesus Christ. It is a Book that will bring us closer to our Savior. It goes hand in hand with the Bible. They complete each other. It helps to answer those questions that are left unanswered in the Bible and also helps to support the Bible. The Book of Mormon provides an account of when Christ came to the Americas.

I love the Book Of Mormon. I love what it teaches us, and I love coming to truly know my Savior through reading it. Although it was written years and years ago, it is for our generation. When I read it, I will have questions answered that I did not even know I had.  I find comfort and strength reading it especially from some of the most amazing examples of missionaries talked about in the Book Of Mormon. 

In Helaman we read about Nephi. After being discouraged because of the wickedness that was going on and nobody accepting his message, he was ready to call it a day and return home. Often times as a missionary I feel like that. But it was at this moment that the Lord reached out to Nephi and said, "blessed art thou Nephi for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearingness declared the word." I hope that one day the Lord can say to me, "blessed art thou Lauren for the things which thou hast done." At the end of the Book of Helaman we read about Samuel the Lamanite who is a tremendous example of faith and courage. The people would not accept his teachings so what does he do? He gets up on the wall and speaks to them. Arrows and stones are cast at him but he never once stops declaring his message. That is the type of missionary I want to be.

And then the crowning event of the whole Book Of Mormon comes in third Nephi when Christ comes to the Americas, and blessed and prays for the children. One of my favorite verses that helped me to know how mindful Christ was of me is 3 Nephi 17:21-22 and it reads, "And when He had said these words, he wept and the multitude bare record of it, and He took their little children one by one and blessed then and prayed unto the father for them." Christ weeps over us. He prays for us. He knows what we are going through because He too has walked that road.

As said in the introduction to the Book Of Mormon, "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book Of Mormon. To ponder in their hearts the message it contains." I invite you to read it and find out for yourself by praying if this book is true.

I know the Book Of Mormon is true. I have prayed about it and have received an overwhelming feeling of how true it is. I am eternally grateful for the guidance it gives me in my life. It provides me with everlasting happiness, strength, courage, and most importantly I have come to better know my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is the best book in the whole wide world! How grateful we are to have it in our lives.

No comments: