Monday, May 5, 2014

Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him


 
 
 
 
As many of you know my precious little two year old cousins Charlotte and Julia have made a cover appearance on the 2014 Conference Ensign! I love this picture! I love the simplicity behind it, but I also love the symbolism it holds.
 
It reminds me of my favorite part in the Book Of Mormon when the Resurrected Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, comes to the Americas. He spends hours with over 2,000 people, blessing them, healing them, praying for them, and weeping over them. He has the children come forth one by one, and prays for each one of them. My favorite scripture since I was a little girl is third Nephi chapter 17 verse 21 and it says, "and when He (Jesus) had said these words, He wept. And the multitude bare record of it. And He took their little children one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them." He knows us one by one. He loves us one by one. He knows everything that we are and everything that we can be. He loves us perfectly. He beckons us to follow Him. His arms are outstretched towards us, reaching out to help us along our journey. The Savior later goes on to say in this chapter, "Behold your little ones."
 
In this picture, the sweet little girls are climbing up to see their Savior. They are so valuable to Him. He longs for them to make it home. Their eyes are looking up toward Him, and He looks as if He is looking right at them. They know who He is. Not long ago they were with Him and with our Heavenly Father in Heaven.  His hands are reaching down, showing them the scars He aquired for us. Showing all who believe in Him the sacrifice that has been made for us to be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. We are commanded many times in the scriptures to become like a child. No wonder the Savior reiterates this to us. Children are pure, full of love, they are submissive, they understand who their Savior is, because they were just with Him. 
 
Elder Holland said,  "When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made hiss and byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him—the Way, the Truth, and the Life." I want you all to know that I know without a doubt that my Savior lives. I know He knows me, He knows my pain and He knows my joy. I know that the stories in the Book Of Mormon can relate to me just as much as they can relate to the people years ago. I often put myself into their shoes and imagine what it would be like if I were one of those children that was able to come forward to meet my Savior. I think of the day when the Savior will come again and we will have the honor and privilege of standing before Him and be able to thank Him for everything He has done for us. I love Him, and I am eternally grateful for Him.
 
May we all look up to our Savior and the example He set. May we remember His sacrifice, and the scars that were left in His perfect hands for us.
 
I love you all. Happy Mothers Day!
 

No comments: